Ya Rab

Ya Rab

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The longest week of my life....

Don't worry. This is not just another love story.

Ok, yeah it is, but that's not the point.

With a world full of countless "love" stories they get kind of tiring to read.  I never let anyone know I was a romantic.  I love "love" don't get me wrong, I spent a great deal of my life trying to grasp its meaning.  Chasing the dream of true love.  Getting my heart broken every time.  I got to the point where “love” was the last thing I wanted. I was done. I’d had enough. No more for me.


 Apparently, Allah had different plans.

 

I know, this sounds just like all the other stories you’ve read, right? Well, I guess it would be, but for one simple fact.

 

Love only came to me in the process of re-engaging in my relationship with Allah. 

 

You can’t just stop wanting “love,” because love animates the entire Ummah. And there is nothing more natural, or inherent in our being, than to seek that love, real halal love, as Allah intended for us. But, you have to know where to look.

 

I was truly blessed. Alhamdulillah  I stumbled on the right path without the slightest desire for love. I didn’t want anything from  God, other than to become closer to Him. And that’s what I prayed for every day, over and over again.

Soooo.... A friend of mine had posted on Facebook that she had a friend who she was trying to find a wife. For whatever the reason I responded, feeling absolutely insane. She sent me information about him which I found to be good information and sent information about me.  

A meeting was set for us to talk on Facebook a few days later.  

I don't know what happened.  Something clicked the moment he we started talking. Alhamdulillah  I can't describe what it was. His attitude, his honesty, his sincerity, his everything.  I don't know how it happened but by the end of that conversation I accepted his proposal for marriage. 

From that moment... And for the past 27 days it has become more and more apparent that God has made us to complete each other.  We are inseparable even though there are 5,905 miles (or 9503 kilometers) separating us. Yeah. He is in Egypt and I am in Detroit.  But does distance really matter?  No.  Just follow Allah and his plan will unfold before you.

 

Allahu Akbar!  

 

In one week, inshallah, I will travel to Egypt and become his wife.  

These days are moving at a snails pace.  Today has been the longest day so far, and I only anticipate they will become longer and longer.  And as they become longer, my blogging will increase. LOL  What else can a girl in love do?

 

 



 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment